Please forgive me, I have been falling behind on all the questions that I’ve been receiving via email, but I’m catching up. Keep the questions coming and I will answer them right here on the blog!
1. You said that Bram Stoker’s Dracula was the first vampire movie you watched that made you so interested in vampires. Any others that stick out to you?
Of course, though Bram Stoker’s is by far my favorite, there are others that have stuck out to me. Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned, The Vampire Lestat. Also the Sookie Stackhouse series for it’s southern humor and spunk. I will admit, yes I have read Twilight, and I have it on my book shelves. But, her idea of vampires is certainly not what I expect vampires to be. Sparkling is a no go for me.
2. You’re beginning to host more giveaways, can we expect more soon?
Yes, you can. As the number pf fans on the pages grows, I will host more giveaways. I like having the number larger so that it seems more fair.
3. What are some of the things you’re currently reading?
I tend to venture away from the vampire scene when I’m writing since I like my ideas to be my own. I’ve picked up Monster High, Hissy Fit, Shutter Island and Mystic River and added them to my own Kindle reading list.
4. I heard mention that in your vampire series you’re not going to do that traditional war between vampire and werewolf, what are you doing instead?
Oh, there will be a war. It just won’t be between vampire and werewolf. Like I said, my ideas are all my own and I don’t take ideas from others. The war between vampire and werewolf has been done too many times to count. This idea is all my own and unfortunately you’ll have to wait until Darkness Falls: the Thirst is released.
5. You’ve gotten a seemingly good reputation with good reviews, but I’ve seen a handful of not-so-good ones. Do they bother you?
Not int he slightest. People will either love the book or hate it. It’s a matter of opinion and taste. I’m not about to let someone who didn’t like the book keep me from writing. I don’t care if they didn’t like it. It didn’t write it to please anyone, but myself. An idea was floating in my head and I wrote it. Simple as that. I can’t let someone’s opinion take something that I love away from me.
6. You have such a positive attitude, how do you stay upbeat about things?
I don’t take the horrible things people say to heart. I overlook them and go on with my life. Who cares what they think anyways?
7. Will you end the series in such a way that if you wanted to continue on and write more you could?
I think you’ll just have to wait and see for that one.
8. You certainly don’t like to reveal too much about the upcoming books in the series, why?
That’s the point. Being secretive makes people want to read the future installments.
9. You seem so friendly, you’re always up for answers questions, why?
Why not? I couldn’t be mean tot hose who are buying and reading my work. Why would anyone be like that. If it weren’t for those people, all I would have is a book sitting on a shelf growing dusty. And, besides, I love interacting with people. 🙂
10. Have you thought of doing more than one series?
Of course. I have a few ideas floating around that I could very well turn into a series. We’ll just have to wait and see.
11. Are you working on anything else, other than your Darkness Falls series?
I am. I have 3 more ideas that I’m penning out. I tend to go back and forth between them, scribbling little things here and there. I hope to have all 3 completed by the end of the year.
12. Will you do NaNoWriMo again this year?
I sure will! And, I hope to get more people involved in it a well :)