1. Is it about vampires?
-Yes. But, lets face it, vampires have been around for eons. Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire, Dracula Dead and Loving It, My Best Friend is a Vampire, Once Bitten…I could go on for a while. Vampires have always fascinated me. I’m intrigued by them, just like many people are. My interest eventually led to my 6 part Darkness Falls series.
2. Is is like Twilight?
-No, not even close. Two different plots. There is a little romance, but not Twilight.
3. Do your vampires sparkle?
-No. In my honest opinion, real vampires do not sparkle.
4. Have you written things away from vampires?
-Yes, I’m currently working on several new manuscripts that have absolutely nothing to do with vampires.
5. Do your vampires take on the usual vampire traits?
– For the most part, they do. They are fast, they can read minds, make others do what they wish them to do. My vampires are blood thirsty killers, the men are handsome, the women are beautiful. The only vampire trait I’ve chose to put my own twist on is sunlight. My vampires are daywalkers, but there is a reason for it.
6. Do you plan on continuing to write?
-I sure do. As stated before I have several new manuscripts that I am working on.
7. Is the Darkness Falls series your first manuscript?
-The Darkness Falls series has taken 8 years of my time and devotion. I’ve taken small breaks here and there to rest my mind, but this series is my baby. My first real manuscript was Hunted.
8. Would you like to see the series become a movie?
-I certainly wouldn’t say no should someone ask. But, if that opportunity should arise, I would want to be apart of it. I’m not saying that I would want full creative control, but I would want to watch over the process from start to finish.
9. Darkness Falls currently has 6 books, hae you completely thrown out the thought of having more?
-You’ll just have to read and see. Is book VI really the end? 😉
10. How much longer until the book is released?
-This has been a long process. From editing, to chosing a final layout of the book. But, don’t worry, it will be soon. I already have the book’s ISBN number and soon as you’re able to, I’ll post it.
11. Could younger teens read the series?
-The series is very much written for adults. The characters are adults in their late 20’s and early 30’s. I would say older teens (Age 16 and up) could read, but any younger than that, I would highly suggest a parental screening first.
12. Is there any sex in your series?
-I knew this would be asked sooner or later! 🙂 Yes, there is. Nothing wild or crazy, but yes, there are sex scenes.
13. Are your characters based on anyone you know?
-No, there are completely made up. Any similarities between people are completely coincidence.